Thursday, January 29, 2009

Germany

Some of these buttons are from pictures I took in or around Bremerhaven and Helmstedt, during the two years I spent those places.

Some are from images found on the Internet (and thus could not be sold, if I was selling).

The one of me on the outskirts of Helmstedt was taken in 1971 by good friend Mike Matson. The distant view of the train in a valley was taken last summer by good friend Vera Voigt.

The car is a Fiat 850 Sport Coupè. I bought a dark blue one in Bremerhaven in 1970, and brought it back to Seattle and continued to enjoy it for several years. I wish I could have one again -- in better condition than mine was when Eric Jordan took it on.

The winged railroad wheels ("Flügelräder") are interpretations of a traditional Middle European railway symbol found in countless variations.

No comments: